Friday, July 12, 2013

Sunday Morning Fishing - FujiFim Instax Prints

Sunday Morning Fishing by Jeff*
Sunday Morning Fishing, a photo by Jeff* on Flickr.
My daughter, Katie was aware of the camera's presence but was not posing for a shot. These two photographs were taken with a FujiFilm Instax 200 camera. For those not familiar with it, the camera is a contemporary option to the Polaroid instant film cameras. After using digital cameras for a number of years it is nice to take a break and return to the simplicity of not just film, but seeing an image develop before your eyes. Holding a photograph in your hands right then & there.. The novelty of this for kids - or even adults who might have forgotten about Polaroid - is great to watch. I like the color pallet the instant film produces.  I'm not going to enter into any "is this better or worse than Polaroid" conversations as I just enjoy the tones and atmosphere from these shots.

For the above shot, the in-camera flash used to bring out more detail in the foreground. It started raining - as it did most of this weekend - so Katie has the hood over her head.




Fishing, Lake Winfield Scott by Jeff* 
This version taken without a flash still has some nice light on my daughter. I also like that she had her hood off in this shot. It was taken before it rained as my daughter put her hood on as seen in the above photo.

As for fishing? We didn't even get a bite! But I like being able to see these memories. Next time...

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your lovely comment, Jeff :)

    These are great photos, I can almost smell the trees.. haha
    And I love your other shots as well, keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete